Tuesday, May 3, 2011

All About Holly


Well, hello. Let me introduce myself.

My name is Holly Elizabeth Bluemlein, daughter of Ken and Charlotte Bluemlein. I was born and raised in a small town in southern Indiana called Vincennes ("Historical Showcase of the Midwest" Ask me about George Rogers Clark sometime). My dad taught at the local university and my mom took care of us six kids.

Since leaving Indiana after graduating from high school, I've had a pretty adventurous life. I went to BYU for four years where I studied Public Relations. Right before graduating, I decided to spend a summer working in Alaska and while I was there, I rather unexpectedly decided to serve a mission. I served in the Arizona Tucson mission, which covers parts of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. I was luckily enough to work in all three states. When I returned home from my mission, I graduated super quick and then went to live in Michigan with my parents, who had moved there the year before. I worked for awhile and then went back to school and got a second bachelor's degree in psychology. When I was done with school, I fulfilled a life-long dream by moving to New York City. I ran the admissions office of a mental health clinic for a year and a half, then sold out and went to work on Wall Street. I loved my three years living there, but one day I just felt very strongly that my time in Manhattan was done and I needed to move on. I decided to move to Utah to be closer to my nieces and two of my sisters. I bought a house in Draper, Utah last year (very unexpected-- I've always like the idea of renting). Back in October I met Matt and my life hasn't been the same ever since.

I love adventures and trying new things. I enjoy traveling. I like to make food for the people I love. I loving going on walks and going to the beach. I love roller coasters and amusement parks. I like going to the theater and to museums. I love bright, happy colors. Watermelon is my favorite food. Matt makes me very happy, and I love making him happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment