Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It was amusing to me

I first saw this photo in a deli or bodega when I lived in New York and I have loved it very much ever since.


Isn't it awesome?!!  I just love the way it shows the city just popping out of the ocean (well, technically a bay, but let's not worry about the details).

For the last several years, they have had a nice, framed, canvas 55"x39" print of this photo available at Ikea.  It costs $50, and although I'm sure that's a good price, I had no interest in paying that much.

Good thing my dreamy husband and I love making frequent trips to Ikea to browse the "As-Is" department.  We found this print for $25!!!!  I instantly knew that I must have it!

Matt carried it to the checkout,

and then to the car-- but it didn't fit in the back seat!

It didn't fit in the trunk, even with the back seats put down (not pictured).

But luckily, my hubby was not only determined to get the purchase home, but also very talented at making knots
(I love that Ikea has twine and protective cardboard just waiting there for whoever needs it)

The roof was the obvious solution
Good thing we live so close to Ikea (and don't need to get on the freeway)!

We drove the four miles home slowly, with each of us holding our side.

Now I have it at home, and I am so so so glad to have it!  Even though it is just sitting on the floor behind our TV because we don't have a wall big enough to hang it.  Someday, it will decorate my house.  Someday!!!

2 comments: